Our business activities rely on various ecosystem services, which are provided by natural capital comprising soil, air, water, animals and plants, and other elements.
The Kubota Group sees conserving biodiversity as one of its materiality. In its business activities and social contribution initiatives, in view of its impact on natural resources, the Group is endeavoring to ensure that care is taken to conserve biodiversity and protect the natural environment.
- Kubota's policy on 'Conservation of Biodiversity' & our relationship with biodiversity
- Activities towards achieving SDGs
- Relationship between the Kubota Group and Biodiversity
- Planting trees and installing biotopes on our premises
Kubota's policy on 'Conservation of Biodiversity' & our relationship with biodiversity
In December 2009, in order to conserve biodiversity and ensurethat natural resources are used in a sustainable way, the Kubota Group incorporated a principle on biodiversity into its Environmental Action Guidelines.
Activities towards achieving SDGs
|Related SDGs and targets|
|Major Activity Content||
|Activity Targets (KPIs)||
Relationship between the Kubota Group and Biodiversity
To impose order on Kubota's relationship with biodiversity, we also drafted the list shown below. Kubota definesits business domains as 'food,''water'and 'the environment.' All our business activities use the bounty of nature in some form, while simultaneously having a major impact on animal and plant life.
Planting trees and installing biotopes on our premises
- Keiyo Plant ; Biotope
- We have reproducted the water-front environment with local species plants.
- Hanshin Plant ; Biotope
- Every year we can find a lot of newly-emerged dragonflies at the pond.
- Tsukuba Plant ; Afforestation
- We have planted various trees and made a forest in the grounds.
- Kubota ENGINE AMERICA Corporation ; Afforestation
- We have planted over 50 trees (apple, cherry, etc.) and added bird feeders.
- Hirakata Plant ; Rooftop garden
- In order to beautify the landscape, the green space has been installed in the rooftop of Training Center. It also demonstrates the effect of energy conservation in the building.
- Head Office ; Rooftop garden
- We have installed a green garden partially of the communications space. It provides a habitat and stopover for insects and birds in the urban area.
- Sakai Plant ; Wall greening
- In order to beautify the landscape around the plant, we have installed green wall on the north side of the plant.
- P.T. Kubota Indonesia; Afforestation
- In order to contribute to the environment and beautify the corporate landscape, we have planted trees and made flower beds.
- KUBOTA Precision Machinery(Thailand) Co., Ltd.; Planting trees
- The employees including President planted trees on the grounds within the plant site.
- Kverneland Group UK Ltd.; Planting trees
- They planted fruit trees in the green space within the office site. They can spend their breaks and enjoy nature there.