Enactment of the “Kubota Global Identity”, the company's global corporate principles
October 1, 2012
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan, President & CEO: Yasuo Masumoto, hereinafter “the Company”) has enacted the “Kubota Global Identity,” its global corporate principles. With its business becoming more global, the Company has enacted the principles in order to develop employees' understanding of the Spirits that have passed down since the Company's foundation and the common values of the Kubota Group (hereinafter “the Group”), and to develop a sense of unity among all employees to promote the business activities of the Company.
1. Background and Objectives of the Enactment
- As the business activities of the Group are becoming more global and the Group consists of employees from diverse backgrounds, it is crucial for the Group that the basic philosophies and ideas of global management be shared among employees of every country, age, and class.
- The objectives of the enactment are to nurture employee loyalty to the Group and to develop a greater sense of unity by developing the understanding and recognition of the founding spirit, management principles, and values of the Group by its 30,000 employees.
2. Main points of the Enactment
- The Corporate Mission Statement (established in 1973), Management Principles (established in 2006) and Corporate Slogan (established in 2010,) were reorganized and revised into the “Kubota Global Identity,” which consists of the “Spirits,” “Brand Statement,” and “Mission.”
- In order to appeal to the message “For Earth, For Life” in the brand statement more strongly, the design of the logo was changed by making it bigger, etc.
- The “Mission” section clearly explains the intention of the Kubota Group to continue contributing to the resolution of problems in the areas of food, water and the environment, which are indispensable for human beings.
3. Future Development
- Use in exhibitions, advertisements, and product catalogs will start on October 1, 2012.
- Activities such as internal education will be implemented to establish and sustain the principles.
4. Contents of Kubota Global Identity
- Work for the development of society by drawing on all of our capabilities and know-how to offer superior products and technologies.
- Build today and open the way to tomorrow, with the aim of bringing prosperity to the company and happiness to employees.
- Challenge the unknown with creativity and courage.
In 1890, Gonshiro Kubota, the founder of Kubota started his metal casting business at the age of 19.
Believing that: “If you try hard, you can get it done” and “Do not be afraid of making mistakes,” he contributed to society with his business. He became the first producer of iron water pipes in Japan, and later, actualized mechanization of agriculture.
“For the prosperity of society, we need to put all of our efforts into creation.”
“Our products should not only be technically excellent, but also useful for the good of society.”
The Kubota Group inherits the founder's beliefs and three Spirits, grows together with its employees, and continues to be a society-friendly and reliable company, extending its business globally.
"For Earth, For Life" — the Kubota Group promises to continue supporting the prosperous life of humans
while protecting the environment of this beautiful earth.
Food, water and the environment are indispensable for human beings.
The Kubota Group continues to support the future of the earth and humanity
by contributing products that help the abundant and stable production of food,
help supply and restore reliable water, and help create a comfortable living
environment through its superior products, technologies and services.
The world has many problems in the areas of food, water and the environment, which are indispensable for human beings.
Those problems are not separate themes, but linked closely to each other.
The population growth has a great influence on environmental changes, brings problems to water resources, and leads to the short supply of food.
The Kubota Group considers food, water and the environment as a singular theme and contributes to solve problems in these areas.
KUBOTA GLOBAL LOOP = Relations among food, water, and the environment
Food, water and the environment are not separate themes, but linked closely to each other.