Awards received at the Paris International Agri-business Show (SIMA) for the "M7001 Series" tractors for upland farming and "Vicon FastBale" implement from Kverneland
February 27, 2015
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan, President and Representative Director: Masatoshi Kimata, hereinafter "Kubota") "M7001 Series" tractors for upland farming in Europe and "Vicon FastBale" implement from Kverneland, a member of the Kubota Group, have received awards at the SIMA, Paris International Agri-Business Show (hereinafter "SIMA"). The "M7001 Series" is a newly developed tractor to be launched on the market. Mass production will begin at Kubota's plant in France from April this year. It was chosen as the most notable product (Machine of The Year 2015) in the 120 to 180 horsepower agricultural tractor category in 2015. The "Vicon FastBale" was also selected as the most notable product in 2015(Machine of The Year 2015).Additionally it was highly evaluated for its superior technology to receive SIMA Innovation Awards Silver Medal.
1. Details of awards received
1) Kubota tractor "M7001 Series"
- Awarded "Machine of The Year 2015" (120-180 horsepower agricultural tractor category)
- Details on the product: https://www.kubota.com/news/2014/20140929.html
2) Kverneland implement "Vicon FastBale"
- Awarded "Machine of The Year 2015" (Baler* category)
- Awarded "SIMA Innovation Awards" SIMA Silver Medal
- Agricultural machinery to compress the hay or straw, etc., that has been cut and gathered and package it.
2. Regarding the Paris International Agri-Business Show (SIMA)
This is one of the three great international agricultural machinery trade fairs in Europe. It is held in Paris once every two years.
Period of fair: February 22 - 26, 2015
Exhibiting companies: 1,700 companies from 42 countries
Number of visitors: Approx. 250,000
3. Regarding each award
"Machine of The Year 2015"
The awards are decided in voting by 16 mass media organizations (mostly specialist agricultural magazines, etc.) from 11 countries in Europe. The most notable agricultural machinery in 2015 is selected in a total of 17 categories.
In the awards this time, products from the Kubota Group received awards in two categories.
"SIMA Innovation Awards"
SIMA awards Gold Medals, Silver Medals and Special Mentions to products with superior technology.