Announcement of New large displacement Diesel engine “KUBOTA 09 Series”
March 6, 2017
Kubota will introduce the new 5 liter engine “V5009” at Conexpo which will be held at Las Vegas, Nevada, USA in March 2017. Mass production will start from 2020, and the engineering support work starts before to match the application. This engine will be supplied to manufacturer for construction and industrial machine.
- As the awareness for the conservation of the global environment has increased, emission standards for industrial engines have become more stringent. All industrial machinery manufacturers are now required to build their machine with emission certified engine, or to adopt after treatment device in regard to the required emission level. Kubota has taken measures to comply with the various needs from those manufactures, to become top chosen under 100hp and decided to enforce and expand the line up to 200hp class.
- Emission Certification
- Kubota has been developing the engine that meets the latest emission regulation in United States, Europe, and Japan. Kubota started development and production of engines with the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) before others, which is necessary technology to comply with the most stringent requirement, EU Stage V regulation. V5009 will be ready for the new emission EU Stage V regulation that starts from 2019 / 2020 which limits particulate numbers.
- Outline and Features of V5009 engine
1. High Performance with Low Fuel Consumption
Not only optimizing the combustion for the high output but achieving the top level of low fuel consumption compared to other engine in the same power range.
2. Compact design with the 4 cylinder
Displacement Cylinder Output*1 After Treatment 5.0L 4 157.3 kW SCR*2+DPF
*1 Gross intermittent SAE J1995
*2 SCR = Selective Catalytic Reduction
3. Flexibility of Engineering Design and easy maintenance
V5009 has a variety of Power Take Off (PTO) options and features for the easy maintenance.
- New Concept “Kubota, The Answer”
- By providing the seamless line up extending to 200hp class and announcement before the start of production which will support the engineering work for manufactures, Kubota will give the assurance and is serious to be the Answer to your requirement.
For questions regarding this product, please access through the following URL: