Kverneland Group’s Implement Vicon EXTRA 736T Wins Machine of the Year 2017 Award at SIMA
March 17, 2017
Kubota Corporation (head office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; president and representative director: Masatoshi Kimata; hereinafter referred to as “Kubota”) has announced that its subsidiary, Kverneland AS, won several awards at the latest Paris International Agribusiness Show (hereinafter referred to as “SIMA”).
In this installment of SIMA, Kverneland Group’s Vicon EXTRA 736T mower conditioner was selected as Machine of the Year 2017 in recognition of its technical excellence. Three other Kverneland/Vicon products won Innovation Awards. With the additional encouragement provided by these awards, we are determined to continue contributing to agriculture worldwide through the provision of products, services, and solutions that gain the trust of customers around the world.
- Award details
(1) Receipt of the Machine of the Year 2017 award (Forage Equipment category)
- Vicon EXTRA 736T, a mower conditioner*1 implement manufactured by Kverneland Group Presented in recognition of the highly technical capability exhibited by the QuattroLink’s*2 tracking performance adapted to the field.
- 1 An implement consisting of a mower and conditioner. The forage cut by the mower is compacted by the conditioner to facilitate evaporation of its inner moisture.
- 2 QuattroLink is the name of the mower conditioner suspension for automatic tracking to follow uneven ground and enable forage cutting to a uniform length.
- Kverneland 2500 i-Plough®, an implement manufactured by Kverneland Group
- Automatic Feed System for round balers, an implement manufactured by Kverneland Group
- High-Speed Pack for Wrappers (turntable binding system), an implement manufactured by Kverneland Group
- About the Paris International Agribusiness Show (SIMA)
Taking place in Paris, France every two years, SIMA is one of the three biggest international agricultural machinery trade shows in Europe.
Date February 26 – March 2, 2017 Number of exhibiting companies 1,770 from 42 countries Number of visitors about 230,000
- About the awards
Machine of the Year 2017
The selection for Machine of the Year 2017 was based on the voting results of 17 mass media groups in Europe (mainly agricultural journals).
SIMA Innovation Awards
The SIMA Innovation Awards consist of gold medals, silver medals, and special mention awards presented by SIMA for products with excellent technology.