The "M7001 Series" of large scale upland farming tractors wins an award in the iF Design Award 2017 competition
March 24, 2017
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Masatoshi Kimata; hereinafter referred to as “Kubota”) has announced that its “M7001 Series” of large scale upland farming tractors won an award in the iF Design Award 2017, an internationally prestigious German design competition organized by iF International Forum Design GmbH in Hannover.
Taking this award as further encouragement, Kubota is determined to continue contributing to agriculture worldwide through products endowed with excellent design, functions, and utility that will be trusted by customers everywhere.
- Consisting of large scale upland farming tractors with up to 170 horsepower, the “M7001 Series” is the first in this class that has been independently developed by a Japanese manufacturer. Besides rigorously pursuing comfort in long hours of operation, the tractors have an external design aimed at achieving a vigorous shape that exudes the power to forge ahead through fields as well as sturdiness and massiveness. The products in this series deliver the value expected of upland farming tractors.
- The jurors gave high marks for the utility that comes from simplifying the operation of diverse functions in step with the need for higher levels of sophistication and precision in agriculture, as well as powerful styling befitting a new flagship model directed towards the upland farming markets around the world.
2. Award-winning products
(1) Product name
Kubota tractor “M7001 Series”
(2) Product profile
- The tractors are equipped with a large monitor that is easy to see and use. The monitor clearly displays various functions—including tractor control, implement control, and use of a monitoring camera—and has a touch panel for easy adjustment.
- Major functions, such as changing speeds and switching between forward and reverse motion, are put on a single control lever on the tractors, making their operation simple and reducing the burden on its operators.
- The tractors’ quiet and spacious wide cabin that generates low vibration enables its operators to work with little fatigue, even for long hours, in a more comfortable space.
- The tractors also have an auto-steering mode applying the Global Positioning System (GPS).
For more detailed information on the product, see the following link.
The iF Design Award
Instituted in 1953, the iF Design Award is a prestigious international award given as proof of excellent design. It comprises seven categories of design, including “Product” and “Packaging.”
The fiscal 2017 installment attracted more than 5,500 entries from a total of 59 countries and regions around the world. Winning products are selected based on the results of a meticulous examination by a jury of noted experts who come together from diverse countries every year.
Awards received in the past
2015: “Machine of The Year 2015” (120－180-horsepower agricultural tractor category ) at the Paris International Agri-business Show (SIMA)
2016: FY2016 Good Design Award presented by the Japan Institute of Design Promotion