Pulverizadores Fede becomes Kubota Group Company Spanish manufacturer of high-tech smart spraying solutions
October 26, 2021
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. (Head Office: Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands; President: Shingo Hanada, hereinafter “KHE”), a subsidiary of Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter "Kubota") that oversees its farm and industrial machinery business in Europe, has decided to acquire 100% of the stock of Pulverizadores Fede, S.L. (Head Office: Valencia, Spain; Representative: Federico Pérez Salvador), a manufacturer and distributor of tractor implements (hereinafter "implements") and to make the company a wholly owned subsidiary.
1. Background and Objectives
- In Europe, Specialty Crops market is a thriving business field which Kubota regards as an important market for its tractor business, which sells narrow-width tractors that are suitable for working in Specialty Crops.
- Pulverizadores Fede, which operates mainly in Spain and Portugal, is a dedicated manufacturer of crop care implements called “sprayers” that are used for pest and diseases control in Specialty Crops market. Its strength is in proprietary high-end technologies which are already in practical use, including a smart & connected sprayer that controls chemical volume and airflow in real time while using a sensor to measure the heights of trees to be sprayed precisely, and a system that manages information on a map, such as the area to be sprayed and the amounts of chemicals.
- In Specialty Crops market, mechanization and precision are not as advanced as in the field of upland farming for grains and other crops, so expectations are particularly high for use of smart agricultural technologies in pest control operations, where tightened environmental regulations call for reduced chemical usage.
- By bringing Pulverizadores Fede on board as a subsidiary, the Kubota Group will expand its line-up of implements for Specialty Crops market and strengthen compatibility between tractors and implements, thereby contributing to reduction of the environmental impact and fuel consumption through efficient spraying that uses less chemicals and water.
- Pulverizadores Fede will keep its brand name, the location of its headquarters and the management will remain as it is currently. KHE and Pulverizadores Fede staff will work closely by utilizing current organization of both groups in order to accomplish their development and business goals.
- Going forward, Kubota Group will accelerate expansion of our business in the Specialty Crops market with a view to collaborating with start-ups in which our group is involved.
2. Overview of Pulverizadores Fede
|Corporate name||Pulverizadores Fede, S.L.|
|Business||Manufacture and sale of sprayers for Specialty Crops market|
|Head officed||Valencia, Spain|
|Representative||Federico Pérez Salvador|
|Number of employees||45|
|Corporate name||Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.|
|Business||Management of farm and industrial machinery business|
|Head officed||Nieuw-Vennep, Kingdom of the Netherlands|