North America Research & Development Unit Up and Running as a New Research Group in the United States Accelerating Next-generation Agricultural Robot and Machine Development
January 27, 2022
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter “Kubota”) has begun research and development to make autonomous agricultural robots and other future farming technologies a reality at the North America Research & Development Unit (Office: Grapevine, Texas, USA) established in January this year as a new research group in the United States.
1. Background and Objectives
- The North America R&D Unit will tackle a variety of research and development themes, such as further advancement of data-driven agriculture using AI, smart technologies to realize autonomous robots, and pioneer research into agricultural machinery driven by next-generation power sources in anticipation of a carbon-neutral society. This new research group is composed of experts in a wide range of fields from inside and outside of the Kubota Group. Kubota has acquired AgJunction Inc, a self-driving technology company in December 2021. Kubota has partnered with DIMAAG-AI Inc., a Silicon Valley AI-technology company which includes Ian Wright (co-founder Tesla, Wrightspeed).
- The unit has already started to develop concepts for various next-generation agricultural machinery expected for use on vineyards in the United States and are engaged in research and development with Silicon Valley speed way.
- While inviting more external resources and employing other measures to strengthen its open innovation development system, Kubota will continue to contribute to the realization of a carbon neutral society by 2050 through solutions of environment-friendly products and services.
2. About Dimaag-AI Inc.
|Corporate name||Dimaag-AI, Inc.|
|Representative||CEO Satish Padmanabhan|
|Head office||Fremont, CA, USA|
|Business||AI technologies, products, and solutions for end-to-end automation, smart robotics, autonomous and electrification of vehicle.|
- Acquisition of Shares of North American Corporation Specializing in Automatic Operation Control