Acquisition of a Manufacturer of Feeder for Process Industry Global German Manufacturer Brabender Technologie
June 20, 2022
Kubota Corporation (Head Office: Naniwa-ku, Osaka, Japan; President and Representative Director: Yuichi Kitao; hereinafter “Kubota”) will acquire all of the shares of Brabender Technologie GmbH & Co. KG (Head Office: Germany; hereinafter “Brabender Technologie”), a global manufacturer of gravimetric feeders used for continuous feeding* of the diverse materials, and make it a wholly owned subsidiary through its European holding subsidiary Kubota Holdings Europe B.V..
This acquisition will generate a synergy by integrating the strengths of Kubota gravimetric feeders in the Asian market with the technology and sales networks of Brabender Technologie, which has the strengths in the European and American markets and is developing businesses across the globe. As part of the same Group, Kubota and Brabender Technologie will further expand business in the gravimetric feeder market, which is expected to see growth in various fields due to a shift toward automation in manufacturing processes worldwide.
- Continuous feeding means to feed material consistently in a set number of grams or kilograms per hour to next process.
1. Background and Purposes
- Gravimetric feeders are used to feed different materials such as powders, granules, liquids, and other materials continuously and with high precision into production processes of the plastics, chemical, pharmaceutical, food and a variety of other industries. Control of the material supply in real time by weight can reliably dispense multiple materials with high precision to meet the demanding quality and reliability requirements.
- Kubota produces and sells gravimetric feeders used primarily in production processes for resin products in Japan, China, Korea, and the rest of Asia and holds a high market share in the region. Kubota aims to expand its service and sales domains to pharmaceuticals, and materials for secondary batteries toward further business growth.
- At the same time, Brabender Technologie has been developing its businesses globally using its strengths in the European and American markets. It has become one of the world’s bestselling gravimetric feeder companies. Brabender Technologie not only has advanced technical capabilities but also expertise in handling a wide variety of materials with a product range spanning diverse areas from resin and pharmaceuticals to secondary batteries and foodstuff.
- Kubota is expanding its businesses based on a long-term vision that aims to resolve the challenges standing in the way of carbon neutrality and a circular economy. To accomplish these goals, the production of many of the materials used for the secondary batteries that contribute to carbon neutrality as well as the plastics and other recycled materials in a circular economy require a blend of bulk materials. The use of high-performance gravimetric feeders is expected to provide a reliable and highly precise supply of bulk materials with a variety of unique characteristics.
- Kubota will drive the generation of synergy through this acquisition of Brabender Technologie as a wholly owned subsidiary toward further business expansion with a broader range of products plus sales and service networks. Kubota and Brabender Technologie will also drive the joint development of next-generation gravimetric feeders by taking advantage on each other’s superior technical capabilities and extensive expertise in handling bulk material and liquids.
2. Information about Brabender Technologie
|Name||Brabender Technologie GmbH & Co. KG|
|Business||Manufacture and sales of gravimetric feeders|
|Head office||Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Representative||Bruno Dautzenberg, Dr. Günter Kuhlmann|
|Number of employees||Approx. 230|
- Introduction video for our gravimetric feeder.