In May 2010, the Kubota Group made the "Eco-First Commitment" pledge to the Japanese Environment Minister to carry out environmental conservation measures on a group-wide basis, and was officially approved as an "Eco-First Company".
In June 2014, the Kubota Group made the updated "Eco-First Commitment" pledge to the Japanese Environment Minister and was officially approved as an "Eco-First Company" again.
Furthermore, in October 2017, we made the "Eco-First Commitment" pledge based on the Medium-Term Targets for 2020 and Long-Term Targets for 2030, and we are recertified as "Eco-First Company."
Eco-First Commitment of the Kubota Group, in brief
The Kubota Group wishes to become more valuable company that contributes to the improvement of social development and the global environment in the field of food, water, and the environment. We place the greatest importance on environmental conservation regarding our CSR management and continue the following efforts.
- We will implement measures to prevent climate change as a priority issue.
- We will work towards recycling-based society in a positive manner.
- We will work toward reducing emissions into the atmosphere.
- We will develop highly environmentally friendly products.
- We will promote activities friendly to the natural environment and biodiversity.
The Kubota Group will monitor the progress of the above commitment, report the results to the Ministry of the Environment, and publish annual results in our Web Sites.