Quality Assurance System
Quality Assurance in Design and Development
Kubota endeavors to prevent quality problems, and a representative activity in this effort is the initiative to strengthen design reviews. Incorporating the DRBFM* approach, we discuss, test and verify even the smallest incidental change when developing new products, in order to prevent quality problems from arising therefrom.
- Quick DR is a method of preventive action of potential problems by focusing on incidental changes in design and development.
We conduct quality questionnaires to encourage employees to volunteer information about issues related to quality. This year we extended the boundary of the questionnaire to include Group companies in Japan and overseas.
We held training to educate employees about the necessary knowledge, approach, and actions for quality assurance and quality management.
|Training name||Number of sessions||Number of recipients|
|New recruit training||1||170|
|Technical new recruit training||2||126|
|New supervisor training||2||42|
|New foreman training||1||12|
|Internal auditor training course||6||74|
|Quality assurance course||1||10|
Internal Audits on Quality
The Kubota Group has systematically carries out the following audits.
- Quality Audits：Audits to improve the quality management system aimed at providing better quality products and services.
- Quality Compliance Audits：Audits to ensure compliance with laws, public standards, and contracts with customers.
- Cross Audits：Audits to improve independence and appropriateness of ISO 9001 internal audits, and to improve the competence of auditors.
- Audits at Short Notice
Raising Awareness of Safety, Environment, and Quality
Kubota held the Safety, Environment and Quality Forum for the management team. Yoshinari Consulting representative director Hideki Yoshinari was invited as a lecturer, to provide lectures about risk management to enable proactive management, on the theme of “Risk Management that the Management Team Should Keep in Check.”
- Recent Recall Status (as of January 14, 2020)
- Recall of ER combine harvesters: Total 873 units (began February 25, 2019)
- Recall of ER combine harvesters: Total 1,722 units (began February 25, 2019)
- Recall of ER combine harvesters: Total 3,533 units (began April 2, 2019)
- Recall of M7 series tractors: Total 281 units (began April 4, 2019)
- Recall of MR, M720W tractors: Total 1,941 units (began April 25, 2019)
QC Circle Activity
For the QC Circle activities Presentation Competition held this fiscal year, 19 circles selected from 763 Kubota circles (domestic and overseas) participated. Circles producing outstanding results participated in the QC Circle National Competition.
ISO 9001 Certification Status (As of December 31, 2019)
Kubota [All Kubota divisions have acquired ISO 9001 Certification.]
|Business divisions||Offices (excerpt)||
|Farm and Industrial
Division and Procurement
(Departments affiliated with
the Farm and Industrial
Sakai Rinkai Plant
|Design, development, and manufacture of agricultural
machinery, construction machinery, engines and related
equipment for all the above
|Farm Machinery Products
and Post-Harvest Division
|Design, development, manufacture, and management of
installation services for electronic scales, including load
|Pipe Systems and
|Design, development, manufacture, and associated
services of ordinary steel, stainless steel, heat-resistant
steel and fired materials (ceramics, metals, composites)
for rollers, tubes, pipes, fittings, spools, steel columns,
steel piles, sleeves, cylinders, and ordinary cast
products, as well as rollers for pressing and non-metallic
cast products (titanium oxide compounds).
|Ichikawa Plant||Design, development and manufacture of spiral welded
|Design, development, manufacture, sale, construction
work, and associated services for the following:
|Pipe Systems and
|Business administration, research and development,
design and development, manufacture, operation,
operation technologies, purchasing, construction and
installation management, test operation and services
related to sewage treatment and water purification
plants, valves, gates, pumps, pump stations, and
products and equipment
|Design, development, and manufacture of small plastic
water treatment tanks and bath tubs; design,
development, and contract manufacturing management
of medium- to large-sized water treatment tanks; and
research and development, design, manufacture, and
after-sales services for filter membrane units, membrane
cartridges, and all related replacement parts.
|Tokyo Head Office
|Business administration, operation, operating
technologies, research and development, purchasing,
manufacture, inspection and testing, construction and
installation management, test operation, and services
related to sewage and sludge treatment, water
purification and wastewater treatment facilities,
products, and equipment
- *1.LRQA: Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Ltd.
- *2.DNV: DNV GL BUSINESS ASSURANCE JAPAN K.K.
- *3.JICQA: JIC Quality Assurance Ltd.
- *4.JCQA: Japan Chemical Quality Assurance Ltd.
- *5.JUSE: Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers
- *6.Intertek: Intertek Certification Ltd.
Affiliates in Japan
|Kubota Systems Inc.||
|Kubota ChemiX Co., Ltd.||
|Nippon Plastic Industry Co., Ltd.||
|Kyushu KUBOTA Chemical Co., Ltd.||
Service Co., Ltd.
|Kubota Air Conditioner Co., Ltd.||
|Kubota Pipe Tech Co.||
|Kubota Seiki Co., Ltd.||
|Kubota Construction Co., Ltd.||
- *7.BSI-J: BSI Group Japan K.K.
- *8.JSA: Japanese Standards Association
- *9.BCJ-SAR: The Building Center of Japan
- *10.MSA: Management System Assessment Center Co., Ltd.
- *11.JQA: Japan Quality Assurance Organization
Overseas Group companies
|Kverneland Group Operations
||Nov. 1993||DNV GL|
||Feb. 1995||SGS North
|P.T. Kubota Indonesia||
of America Corporation
|Kubota Saudi Arabia
|SIAM KUBOTA Metal
Technology Co., Ltd.
(Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Corporation Co., Ltd.
|Kubota Engine (Wuxi) Co., Ltd.||
||Nov. 2014||SGS United
|Kubota Construction Machinery
(Wuxi) Co., Ltd.
||Dec. 2014||SGS United
||Feb. 2016||PÜG mbH|
|Kubota Sanlian Pump (Anhui) Co., Ltd.||
|KUBOTA (U.K.) Ltd.||
|Kubota Europe S.A.S.||
|Kubota Farm Machinery
|Kubota Agricultural Machinery
(Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
|Kubota (Deutschland) GmbH||
||Sep. 2018||EQ ZERT|
|KUBOTA Turkey Makine Ticaret
- *12. MASCI: Management System Certification Institute (Thailand)
- *13. CCS: China Classification Society
- *14. CQS: Certified Quality Systems
Certification status among companies whose primary operation is manufacturing
Of the 39 Kubota Group companies whose primary operation is manufacturing, 24 have acquired certification.